Visitnorway.com aimed to raise their profile in the UK and invested in communicating the uniqueness of Norway as a travel destination to a target audience of 35+ ABC1's.
With the help of The Times, the successful journey of capturing and educating the audience about Norway led to spark interest and generate calls to action.
- To raise attention on Norway as a summer holiday destination
- Build and increase knowledge on Norway as a place to visit
- Create desirability and give reason to consider it as a place to go away to
- Drive direct response, including traffic to the corporate website and enter a competition with a chance to win a trip to Norway.
Why The Times?
- The Times has a strong connection with Visitnorway.com’s target consumers with 8m readers being 35+ ABC1.
- Visitnorway.com wanted to utilise the unique array of platforms offered by The Times where consumers come to as a trustworthy source.
- The scope and ability to communicate Visitnorway.com’s propositions to appeal to consumers
The campaign hosted a range of touch points designed to captivate, educate and seduce the target audience. This involved:
- Display advertising in The Times throughout the campaign to raise attention and tease consumers to enter a competition and pick-up a 12 page supplement
- Times Weekend editorial fully exploiting Norway as a summer holiday destination helped educate and increase consumer knowledge on the destination
- A microsite within the Travel section filled with all things one needed to know about Norway
- A branded polybag further raised awareness.
Performance of the campaign proves a success story. Each part of the campaign contributed to raise, educate and heighten desirability to consider Norway as a holiday destination.
- Huge recall for the 12 page supplement with 79% of the audience who recall the campaign in The Times
- The Times contributed 76% of Visitnorway.com’s competition entries which totalled over 13,000 over 4 weeks
- 80% of the total traffic generated to Visitnorway.com was attributed by the 12 page supplement on Norway
Source: YouGov Jul 2009